Please find enclosed the call for workshops for FiCloud 2017 – The 5th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud.
Please feel free to distribute CFW within your teams and further groups working on these topics.
5th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud
21-23 August 2017, Prague, Czech Republic
CALL FOR WORKSHOPS
Deadline for submission of workshops proposals (via email): 21 January 2017
FiCloud 2017 invites workshop proposals. Research and industrial community is invited to submit proposals of Workshops for FiCloud 2017 – The 5th International Conference on Future Internet of Things and Cloud to be held at Prague, Czech Republic, 21-23 August 2017: http://www.ficloud.org/2017/
The main objective of the workshops is to provide a forum for researchers and professionals to discuss a specific topics related to the theme of FiCloud 2017. Each workshop will be coordinated by an Organizing Committee (Workshop Chair) composed of, at least, two researchers in the field. The organizers should create an international Program Committee for the Workshop, with recognized researchers within the specific Workshop scientific area.
The selection of Workshops will be performed by FiCloud 2017 Workshop Coordinator. Workshops full and short papers will be published in the conference main proceedings by the IEEE Computer Society Conference Publishing Service (CPS) (approval pending). The proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE-Xplore and the IEEE Computer Society (CSDL) digital libraries. The proceedings are also submitted for indexing through IEE INSPEC, EI (Compendex), Thomson ISI, and other indexing services;
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their papers for a special issues in international journals (see Journal Special Issues section).
Detailed and up-to-date information may be found at FiCloud website: http://www.ficloud.org/2017
The Organizing Committee of each Workshop will be responsible for:
– Producing and distributing the Workshop Call for Papers (CFP);
– Coordinating the review and selection process for the papers submitted to the Workshop, as Workshop chairs (on the paper submission system to be installed);
– Delivering the final versions of the papers accepted for the Workshop in accordance with the guidelines and deadlines defined by FiCloud 2017 organizers;
– Coordinating and chairing the Workshop sessions at the conference.
Submission and reviewing of the papers will be managed by the workshops organizers. All the workshop papers must be reviewed by at least of 2 PC members.
Workshop proposals should contain the following information:
– Title of the proposed workshop
– Brief description of the specific scientific scope of the Workshop;
– Workshop theme and call for papers;
– List of topics of interest;
– Name and contact of workshop chairs
– List of potential Workshop Program Committee (Names and affiliations)
– Important dates (You should see the conference dates)
Proposals should be submitted electronically by email to cfp at dsi.uminho.pt, in PDF, (in English), by January 21, 2017.
Filipe Portela, University of Minho, Portugal